Who needs it?
Everyone. If your business has data, it needs data governance to make sure that data is clean, consistent and reliable. Without an effective data governance strategy, even good quality data can degrade over time, as different people handle the data and process it through multiple systems.
Data governance is also vital to aligning data with your overall commercial objectives. You’ll often find that different parts of your business have different priorities when it comes to data: your marketing team’s data priorities, for example, are probably very different to those in distribution or ordering.
A successful data governance framework connects the dots, creating a shared data goal that benefits the business as a whole.
It’s a simple concept. But taking that theory and turning it into actions is more complicated – and can be overwhelming. That’s why we’ve created a pragmatic, affordable approach to data governance that can be applied to any business and scaled to suit evolving commercial needs.
Comma gives you a full end-to-end solution to govern your data effectively.
With our guided data governance strategy, you can get everyone speaking the same data language and working towards the same data goals: two of the biggest challenges in any data project.
We help you to outline the rules and processes you need, educate your teams on how to manage data properly and learn how to measure your results, before leaving you with a platform that enables you to manage your data moving forward.
What’s more, our managed data governance service includes bronze level support, reducing the need for in-house administration.
Comma’s solution delivers a single, clean platform for creating, editing and viewing data governance artefacts: from workflows to glossaries.
Its data model is designed to manage and link all aspects of data governance for easier management, reporting and measurement.
- Tag the right teams into tasks and queries, for seamless communication and collaboration
- Track workflows to make sure expectations are being met
- Outline principles, policies and rules in one place to keep everyone on the same page
- Create tailored dashboards for viewing governance data, work lists, workflows
- Compile a business glossary that gets everyone speaking the same data language
- Assemble a data dictionary to make definitive data terminologies accessible to anyone who needs them
- Create reports to measure progress, share with leadership teams and make changes as necessary