Who we are:
Comma are a specialist Master Data Management/Product Information Management consultancy. Comma believes in being fully immersed in every organisation that we undertake a programme of work with, imparting knowledge at the same rate we absorb it. We are serious about providing a delivery service that puts the client first and ensures their data and content works for them in perfect harmony. Reciprocal learning is at the core of what we do.
Comma Group is expanding globally and has offices in the UK and Europe.
Roles, Responsibilities and Experience:
The Applications Consultant will generally be working alongside a Business Consultant and potentially a Data Consultant to understand, design and configure Master Data Management/Product Information Management Solutions to the client’s requirements/specification.
The Applications Consultant will also be responsible for providing documentation throughout the project and will be key in identifying any changes that may need to be made to the client specification in line with the configuration.
We are looking for a Technical Specialist:
- Must have development experience, with Java and / or C# preferred.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a Data-Driven environment, ideally with experience of implementing at least one solution associated to Product or Customer data
- Must have experience of working on solutions in complex IT landscapes and Integration between platforms.
- Must be capable of developing strategies for data management, ideally with experience in a Product domain.
- Ideally familiar with the major solution types for product data, such as Product MDM, PIM, PLM.
- Must have an understanding of how taxonomies and hierarchies are built for data structures, ideally with experience in the Product domain.
- Must be able to articulate processes and organisational structures for the curation of data.
- Must be able to propose solutions for the integration of product data needs for the enterprise with product data needs for the vendors/suppliers associated with the products, ideally backed with examples of previous experience
- Must be able to understand the product data management needs as they pertain to each step in the value chain of the enterprise that begins with product development and ends with post-product delivery.
- Must be able to interact with all levels within the client, through to Senior Management and able to articulate detailed findings / plans at a level appropriate to the audience (technical / non-technical).
- Food retail or general retail experience is a plus but not essential.
- Business consulting experience desirable but not essential but must be able to work off own initiative.
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt to the client’s needs.
- Able to facilitate workshops if required.
- Effective communicator.
If you have some but not all skills required for this role, don’t worry, we put training/upskilling for each employee as paramount and can give you the complete skill set.
If you are looking for some more information feel free to drop Dan Malins (Resource and People Operations Manager) a message on Linked In.
We travel to client site as and when required so candidates must be flexible to travel across Europe when needed.