Posted: 22nd October 2021
Salary: Competitive plus performance-related variable compensation Location: UK Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location of role:
Home-based or Comma office-based, with frequent travel required.
Who we are:
Comma Group is a technology-agnostic information management consultancy dedicated to delivering high-quality data solutions for Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Quality and Integration. Comma specializes in sustainable business solutions where technology acts as the enabler.
Organisations today are realizing that data is a valuable strategic asset and that effectively managing data can harness its value and lead to tangible business benefit. Furthermore, the rapid and exponential increase in data volumes means that good data management is becoming an increasingly essential part of ensuring competitive advantage to organisations.
Comma is not just another system integrator, but instead are a strategic partner invested in delivering data solutions that align with your business objectives.
Comma has offices in Leamington Spa and York and is part of Amplifi, a US-based consulting group with very similar focus and values. Comma and Amplifi work with enterprise clients throughout Northern Europe and North America.
The focus of your role:
Business development and customer care are essential to the successful growth of the organization and your role will encompass both these areas. Your focus areas will be:
- Managing senior relationships and overseeing our consulting activities within a given portfolio of clients. Continually developing Comma’s reach and presence within those clients by identifying and closing additional business.
- Introducing new clients to Comma by leveraging your extensive network and contacts. Working closely with Business Development Managers to build pipelines and win new business.
This is a quota-carrying role. You will promote and sell the whole range of Comma services within a defined vertical sector or geographical region. A realistic sales target will be agreed and the volume of revenue you generate from new and existing clients will be a key performance indicator for your role.
Within your defined sector you will be responsible for the end-to-end sales process:
- Generate leads by proactive outreach to your network. You’ll have an extensive network of contacts and will be expected to use this as one source of new leads. You’ll have support from the Business Development Managers and will work in tandem with them on new business opportunities, but there is a clear expectation that your network will enable you to source some leads yourself.
- Engage with clients and prospective clients to define their requirements. Make presentations and demonstrate your own consulting credibility as well as Comma’s value proposition. With the BDMs, prepare written proposals aligning Comma capability to the client’s needs and the costs/benefits of a proposed Comma solution.
- Manage nominated accounts to ensure that Comma’s profile is continually extended and that ongoing services work is secured.
- With the BDMs, play a key role in the Comma response to RFIs RFPs ITTs etc
- Maintain accurate records of client interactions in Comma CRM system.
Travel: You’ll be expected to travel as required to visit clients and prospective clients. On non-travel days you’ll be based at your home office or a local Comma office.
What you’ll bring:
- A highly consultative approach and a proven ability to build credibility as a trusted advisor to clients and potential clients.
- You will be adaptable to work with various levels of professionals within a target business, including Board Executives, Directors, Business Managers, IT Managers and Solution Architects etc.
- You’ll be a persistent, determined and goal-oriented person who has excellent written and spoken communication skills at all levels and the gravitas to make effective presentations to senior executives.
- You’ll be graduate calibre with a background encompassing sales, account management, customer care and ideally some hands-on consulting experience ideally in Master Data Management, Data Governance or Data Integration.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise a high-volume workload as appropriate
- Ability to work independently and manage own time effectively without supervision
- A self-starter, proactive, resilient with a positive, “can-do” and “roll-up-the-sleeves” mentality to get the job done.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office especially Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word. High standard of spelling and grammar.
If you want to reach out informally for a conversation to find out more please feel free to contact Dan Malins (Head of People) or Mark Thorpe (Sales Director).
What we will offer you:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related variable compensation
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Vitality private healthcare
- Distributed team with accommodating environment
- Informal, supportive and empowering company culture
- Company away days
- Opportunities for formal development
At comma we know that our people are our biggest asset, therefore we are committed to hiring individuals who can embrace and embody our relaxed, family feel culture. We are conscious of creating a diverse and inclusive team and want to hire people into Comma who we can empower and progress. We are aware that you may not meet every single requirement on the advert, but we would encourage you to apply or reach out to one of the team as a lot of us did not begin our careers at Comma as experts.
*Comma Group do not accept CV's from agencies*