Comma are a specialist Master Data Management and Information Management consultancy. Comma believes in being fully immersed in every organisation that we undertake a programme of work with, imparting knowledge at the same rate we absorb it – reciprocal learning is at the core of what we do. We are serious about providing a delivery service that puts the client first and ensures their data and content works for them in perfect harmony.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Data Governance Consultant within Comma Group, you will predominately be working closely with the client and the client’s team throughout the lifecycle of an engagement. The role also includes some internal Comma capability development responsibilities.
The core purpose of the role is to successfully lead and deliver data-led components of projects through face to face consultancy and by enabling other Comma resources by building and curating components of the Comma body of knowledge.
In order to be successful, you will apply your knowledge and experience to support the delivery of projects, build valuable relationships with clients, and develop strong capabilities through formal training and working with colleagues across different functions.
Perform advisory, consultancy, delivery and support activities for Comma clients in areas, not limited to:
Data & Information Management
Data & Information Governance
2. Lead small specialist teams consisting of Comma and client resources and be accountable for the delivery of project components under the direction of Comma or client Project Management
3. Be a data services ambassador and thought leader internally within Comma and externally for partners and clients, using pre-existing knowledge of areas such as data governance, data quality and data migration to add valuable insight into meetings, discussions and projects.
4. Take ownership of the development and maintenance of specific Comma accelerators, methodologies, case studies and other collateral in areas directed by the Head of Data Services.
5. Keep abreast of latest developments and trends in the areas highlighted in (1)
6. Where applicable to the elements owned as part of (4), perform evaluation of, introduction to and enablement in new toolsets and technologies.
7. Where applicable to the elements owned as part of (4), perform advisory, comparison, demonstration and evaluation services for new toolsets and technologies to prospective and existing clients.
8. Define and design quality assurance processes/services and execute these in order to provide quality assurance and review of artefacts produced by other Comma projects
9. Take ownership of the line management and development of more junior members of the data services team as required
Please note, our clients are based all over the UK and Europe so you will need to be open to travel when needed.
What you’ll bring:
A track record of experience in the areas highlighted in 1-9
Previous exposure to Data Management Consultancy and/or previous senior data positions
Ability to collaborate with both a technical and non-technical audience
Be able to create relevant project documentation required by the client and Comma
Manage stakeholders across numerous projects
You will need to be a relationship builder
Understand the value of continuous training
Assist with the planning of projects, ensuring that all aspects are considered in order to ensure a successful delivery
Ability to work well with and motivate other team members
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we will offer you:
30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Private medical and life cover through Vitality
Distributed team with accommodating environment
No tie culture
Monthly Comma social events
Company away days
Accelerated career progression
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United Kingdom.